Are you bilingual in English and Spanish? Do you believe in the power of education? LaAmistad is looking for applicants that exhibit our core values and want to impact the lives of Latino students and families. We are seeking a Bilingual Program Assistant to support our Afterschool Tutoring, Adult ESL, Anímate Summer Camp, and Parent Partnership departments for up to 20 hours per week.
LaAmistad’s Core Values
Kindness: “The ability to speak with love, listen with patience and act with compassion.”
Excellence: “Every touch, every time, no exceptions"
Passion: “You can't fake passion."
Team Work: “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"
Perseverance: “The grit, raw endurance, hard work and passion that keeps you going despite obstacles.”
Responsibilities - Afterschool Program
- Assists in preparing, teaching, and evaluating assigned instructional courses
- Develops supplemental teaching material and strategies to help students practice
- Support the Site Director with on-site programming needs
- Assists the staff with all communication to and from the parents in English and Spanish
Responsibilities – ESL
- Evaluates and documents students’ progress
Responsibilities – Parent Partnership
- Help parents navigate the school systems as well as community resources
- Refers students and parents to outside agencies for the purpose of meeting the needs of the students
Responsibilities – General
- Supports the collection and input of data for all programs
- Effectively responds to stakeholder inquiries, questions, and comments
- Prepares and distributes program documentation and details
- Creates and/or updates class syllabi or other communications as needed
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned
- Bilingual native Spanish speaker
- Fluency in Spanish and English (writing, listening, and speaking)
- 2 + years teaching experience with adults
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with parent coaching is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within diverse families
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as during parent/or community events
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Must have own transportation and hold a valid driver’s license
- Commitment to the program’s goals and mission
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Ability to confidently lead a class of adults or children
- Strong organizational skills along with a sense for detail and follow-up
- Solution-orientated and able to problem-solve
- Excellence in communicating with diverse audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
***No Phone Calls Please***