The Afterschool Site Director Assistant will work at LaAmistad Afterschool at Embry Hills United Methodist Church alongside the Afterschool Director.
Under the supervision of the Afterschool Director. The Afterschool Assistant will help facilitate homework assistance, and provide supervision for elementary and middle school students. All tutoring is done on-site.
- Research, plan and assist Site Director in implementing student enrichment activities
- Oversee students in accordance with Program policies and procedures
- Help students with homework and check homework as needed
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks
- Assist Lead Volunteers and classroom tutors as needed during programming
- Circulate among students during homework and activity sessions
- Maintain a positive professional relationship with students, parents, and staff
- Maintain, organize and track supplies, tools, and equipment
- Distribute snacks and complete snack report daily
- Assist Site Director with various program tasks as needed
The Afterschool Assistant will report to and communicate with the Afterschool Director.
2-4 days per week at the discretion of the Afterschool Director.
- Sensitive and adaptable to learner’s differences and needs.
- Acceptable of people from different cultures, backgrounds, and ages.
- Commitment to bettering lives through education.
- Patience and enthusiasm.
- No previous teaching experience necessary.
Afterschool Assistant will be provided training on materials and protocol in accordance with the mission of LaAmistad.
All prospective prospects must submit an online application form and successfully complete a background check screening.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with elementary and middle school students of Hispanic/Latino backgrounds.
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possess characteristics of responsibility, desire to help others, discretion, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of basic academic skill application and the ability to demonstrate the successful application of various academic skills.
- Ability to work independently applying critical thinking skills and problem solving to various situations.
As a LaAmistad Afterschool Assistant, you will receive the following benefits:
- Satisfaction of helping someone else succeed.
- A chance to contribute to your community.
- Achieving a broader cultural understanding and exchange.
- Meeting new people who bring differences in culture, ability, skill.
- Participation in a successful program with other active, interesting volunteers.
- Encouragement and recognition for your efforts.
- Invitations to LaAmistad benefit events and socials.
- Special Thank-You from a LaAmistad Board member.
- Be a part of LaAmistad’s success and growth!